Borderlands 2 Shortcut
February 2, 2013
Posted by on
Recently, I have been playing Borderlands 2. It MAY have somewhat resulted in the apparent winter hibernation here. Just thought that I could post two tips here, and hopefully, they could help some speed up launching the game. Borderlands 2 is a very enjoyable game. I will probably rate the game 8.5/10. It would be a 9.0+ game if there were less little glitches.
Note: It is based on PC (and steam) version of the game. For non-steam (and PC) version, the location may be a little different, but everything else should be there same.
- Skip the BL2 launcher
Create a desktop shortcut that point to the borderlands2.exe.
The file should be located here (by default):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32
Note: You may still need to launch steam and login.
- Prevent movie(s) from being loaded at start
- Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config
- Make a copy of DefaultEngine.ini (A good habit)
- Edit DefaultEngine.ini file
- Find [Ctrl+F] “FullScreenMovie”, and under [FullScreenMovie] remove the following lines:
; The game will automatically interpret the last entry in the list to be a generic looping movie, so make sure that the list has one… Comment was in the filename when loading.
Note: Keep those lines that allow you to skip movies
- Save DefaultEngine.ini file
Hope they help. Let me know if you want to co-op or are in needs of … anything. :P