About a week, I felt that maybe I should read Psalm 23 here, but I didn’t want to just read it word by word. Hence, I decided to add some other things — some thoughts, other information, other bible verses along with the text. It is NOT a new bible translation because I know neither Hebrew nor Greek. I think it can be called KKai’s amplifed "reading". XD In addition, when I chose images, I tried to stay away from those religious images because first they didn’t really fit the image that I had when Jesus was my shrephred, and because second I did not really like those images anyways … Last, feel free to add, agree, disagree whatever I say.
1. (When) the Lord is my shepherd to feed me, to guide me, to lead me, and to protect me; I shall lack of nothing, and all of my needs are met. (If He was not, I would not be lost, eaten alive, and be hungry and thirsty.)
2. As His sheep, He makes me lie down in green pastures (fresh, beautiful, nice, and full of life in the comfortable breeze with the sun on my face) [Isa 49:10]; He leads me beside the still, restful waters. (Therefore, I am no long hungry nor thirsty, and be rest in His leading.) [Rev. 7:17]
3. He refreshes and restores my life/soul (, so I am made alive and have the strength and will to live and follow Him); He (then) leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake (because He is righteous is all His ways).
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (as long as I walk closely with him, I can be still walking in the light [John 8:12]), I fear no evil; (voice changed from He to You [the 3rd to the 2nd ]) for You are with me (and will bring me out [Psalm 107:14]); Your rod to protect and Your Staff to guide, they comfort me. (Yes, You protection and guidance always do comfort me because I have rest and peace in my heart knowing that I am led in the path of life and that no one can take me from His hand [John 10:28].)
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies (,those who hate me, so that they know that You have loved me and blessed me with all Your abundance); You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6. Surely goodness, mercy, and lovingkindness will follow me all the says of my life, and the house of the Lord and His presence shall be my dwelling place forever.