A place to hold things that inspire, amaze, inform, and/or educate
MSN Space Being Unstable?
August 30, 2005
Posted by on
At this moment, I keep getting "runtime errors" using Firefox to access my MSN Space and all MSN Space(s) in my bookmark. It is not new that Firefox and IE display MSN Space slightly different, but runtime errors are just unacceptable. This makes me think of in the early day when two famous browsers — Netscape and IE compete. Then, Microsoft purposely made Netscape crash (or unstable) on Windows operation system to cause people to switch to IE (Internet Explorer). I hope this is not the same "play" (conspiracy?) that we saw some years ago forcing MSN Space users to use IE. A question for Firefox users: Do you guy getting the same program like I do as now?
Beside the browser issue, I also found that MSN Space has become less and less stable each day since the last time when Microsoft updated MSN Space, even if MSN Space users access MSN Space by IE. Often I receive a message saying that the page is temperarily unavilable, and I will then have to reaccess the page severals time in order to see the page. I know it has to be MSN Space server’s problem resulting this. Moreover, there are other problems as well. I have experienced some strange, unpredictable "behaviors" when posting/adding entry and editing blog.
- One situation is that after publishing an message, the message simply vanishes
- Another situation is that after editting, the message remains unchange.
- Also, statistic page sometimes causes IE (not Firefox, nor OS) to crash.
- Another problem is that sometimes "Publish Entry", "Save as Draft", and "cancel" suddent become not-clickable, even when the title and category are not left empty.
- One other problem is the slowness (long reaction time) when commenting. If one hits a key, s/he won’t see it until a few seconds later.
- Another situation is that after publishing an message, the browser does not display any message as if the message vanished. After madly reloading/refreshing several times, the message then reappears.
- Last, getting the message saying that the page is temperarily unavaiable and sometimes runtime errors when commenting.
Hencefore, I am just wondering, am I the only one getting thses problems?
~KKai (frustrated and very unhappy)